Colocation Space Nearly 50% Pre-Leased Due to Strong Demand
CHICAGO, IL – October 23, 2012 – Peerless Network, a leading provider of carrier interconnection services and enterprise telecommunications, today announced the opening of its state-of-the-art data center and colocation facility located at 840 South Canal Street. The 12,600 square foot facility will house the company’s Network Operations Center (NOC), support ongoing network expansion plans and help alleviate the shortage of premium colocation space in downtown Chicago.
The facility represents a $5 million dollar investment creating a significant number of local construction jobs and potential full-time employment opportunities within the Chicago area. To date, Peerless has received multiple Letters of Intent (LOIs) from leading technology companies and existing customers representing nearly 50% of the available space.
“Chicago has rapidly become a hotspot for technology and business innovation,” said John Barnicle, President and CEO of Peerless Network. “Our new facility provides a cutting-edge environment to further fuel Chicago’s digital revolution. We’re very pleased that a number of our existing customers have already recognized the value and sophistication of this facility’s infrastructure.”
Peerless Network’s data center and colocation facility includes:
- 8,000 square feet of colocation space served by multiple power grids, full DC battery, redundant UPS (Un-interruptable Power Supply) with dedicated backup diesel generator;
- A ‘high-fog’ pre-action fire suppression system that can utilize up to 70% less water;
- Sophisticated cooling systems capable of delivering over 350 tons of cooling and zero points of failure to provide constant airflow, temperature and humidity control.
- Advanced bio-metric secure access, camera surveillance and monitoring;
- Direct access to leading fiber providers as well as fiber routes to other data center locations in the city.
A key component Peerless Network’s data center offering is a comprehensive remote support program to provide onsite maintenance and trouble resolution for customers. Remote support will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by Peerless’ highly-skilled engineers and Network Operations Center (NOC) technicians.
“Peerless Network’s data center provides welcome relief and much needed new infrastructure for technology-driven companies. It’s quickly proven itself to be a premier data center in Chicago,” said Alex Smith of Cushman & Wakefield.
About Peerless Network
Peerless Network is a leading provider of interconnection and data center services focused on simplifying how networks, devices and people connect. Headquartered in Chicago, Peerless Network is among the nation’s fastest-growing privately held companies and ranked 97th overall on the 2012 Inc. 500 list.
Please visit our website at www.peerlessnetwork.com.