Local Number Portability Business Rules
Peerless Network supports Local Number Portability (LNP), and strives to make the process as simple as possible.
Below are details on our LNP Rules and Order Processes. Please note that occasionally changes to these rules and processes are necessary, and we will make every reasonable effort to give advanced notice of any material change.
Local Service Request (LSR) Process
Peerless Port-Out Portal:
Peerless offers a dedicated Port-Out Portal to handle all Local Service Requests, and now requires all port-out orders to be submitted using this Portal. Requests for access to the Portal can be made at email@example.com.
Note that as of January 1, 2014, Peerless Network no longer accepts LSRs via email.
Peerless responds to all LSRs with either a Firm Order Confirmation (FOC) or Reject Notice. For orders received before 1:00 pm central, response timeframes are as follows:
- Complex Port LSRs – 24 hours of receipt
- Simple Port LSRS – 4 hours of receipt
Requested Due Date (RDD):
- Complex Port Requests – 4 business days from receipt
- Simple Port Requests – 1 business days from receipt
Expedites will only be granted for out-of-service medical facilities.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 5:00pm CST
- Please ensure that subscriptions are built at least 48 business hours prior to your FOC.
- With the exception of the above stated expedite rules and simple port intervals, Peerless Network does not provide concurrence.
- Gaining Local Service Providers have 5 business days post-FOC to activate a telephone number. Orders not activated within 5 business days will be cancelled.
- Please note that Peerless Network does not support coordinated hot cuts.Peerless Network follows all industry guidelines concerning local number portability not specified above.
Customer Service Record (CSR) Process:
- Peerless Network does not provide CSRs. Please have your end-user provide a bill copy for order validation.